Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Oh, So Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies


I spent the weekend baking. It is my true passion. I enjoy all facets of baking, from measuring to mixing to mess making. Probably most of all tasting! My daughter, Alice takes her lunch to school each and every day and she loves Back to Nature chocolate chip cookies. In an effort to be more frugal and healthy I made a huge batch of cookies. The recipe is a product of my own tinkering and this weekend it was perfected!
I milled some oats with a handfull of almonds thrown in so factor in a few extra minutes for this step. You will need enough of this oat/almond flour for one cup.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2 eggs
2/3 cup organic sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oil of your choice (I used peanut)
1/3 cup coconut oil ( you could use all coconut oil if you choose)
1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup oat/almond flour
1 TBS vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Mix wet ingredients: Eggs, sugar, brown sugar, oils, vanilla in that order on low until well combined.
Mix dry ingredients separately: flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt
Slowly add dry into wet, mix until dough in consistent. Stir in chocolate chips.
Chill dough for at least 20 minutes.  Drop by teaspoon full onto cookie sheet.  I used a round teaspoon measuring spoon to scoop out small balls of cookie.  Made a good size cookie for lunch boxes. Chips A'hoy size.
Bake for nine minutes at 375 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment